Re: Considering packaging: Microsoft Web Font pack

On Sat, Dec 05, 1998 at 10:28:58PM -0600, john@dhh.gt.org wrote:
> Ben Collins writes:
> > Putting it into a .deb isn't the original archive nor is it the original
> > format (of the archive). Although the original format is contained, the
> > actual downloadable/distributed archive wont be.
>
> I don't follow you.  Take what ever it is that you get when you download
> this thing and stick it inside a .deb so that when the .deb is installed
> the user gets back just what you downloaded.  Nothing gets modified.

What they download and what they install are two different things. He said
"distributed in the original archive format" which was a .zip/.exe. If
they download a .deb, it isn't the original archive is it?

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org