Re: The QPL licence

@ 27/04/2004 18:47 : wrote Arnoud Engelfriet :

I do know Dutch law, and under Dutch law a choice of law is
certainly respected in contracts, unless it's clearly totally
inappropriate.

And there has been quite some European caselaw that acknowledges the
possibility.

Here, the only law that can be used in court is Brazilian law.

Interesting. So Brazil doesn't have any provision for people to
agree on certain choice of law? It seems rather unusual.

Not on contract law, and most certainly not in what our Author's Rights / Software law calls "Software License Contracts" (licenses). At least to the best of my knowledge (and IAA paralegal -- not a lawyer, tough)

--
br,M