Re: The QPL licence

On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 06:26:02PM -0700, Josh Triplett wrote:
> The QPL doesn't prevent forking, but the requirement to distribute
> changes to the original source as patches makes a fork significantly
> more difficult.  This restriction of the QPL is DFSG-free, but the other

FWIW, I'm among those who believe this is a serious error, and that the
DFSG should be amended to correct it.  Freedom to fork is a fundamental
to free software, and requiring patches is an onerous and unacceptable
burden on that freedom.

(I'm not in a position to do anything about it, of course; I think only
an extremely very well-reputed DD could hope to have any success in a GR
modifying the DFSG, and I'm not a DD at all.)

--
Glenn Maynard