Re: The QPL licence

On Apr 24, 2004, at 12:36, Joachim Breitner wrote:

I thought about that, but then I thought: "If [..] requests" - the
desert island guy can't be requested. But then, he might: cloud
painting, morse-earth-quakes, message-in-a-bottle...
Seems to be a corner case, and I have not yet an opinion on that.

I think considering more normal cases --- like when you want to use your modifications privately, or amongst a small group of friends, you should be able to.

"If the copyright finds out you've got changes to his software, he may demand you give them to him" seems to be non-free to me.