Re: Knuth statement on renaming cm files and Licence violation.

Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:
> David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> writes:

>> The text of Knuth's statement appears to have been removed from all the
>> obvious places where it was posted at the time, but I turned up a copy
>> at this address:

> And note that it begins with "I decided to put these fonts into the
> public domain; all I have asked is that ..."

> Note that if this means *anything* at all, the request is a mere
> request and not legally binding.

Surely you're not arguing that makes any difference.  Surely you're not
claiming that Debian should ignore a very reasonable request by Donald
Knuth because you think you've found a legal loophole in his statement.
Surely you're just saying this to make an obscure pedantic point, not to
indicate that it should have anything whatsoever to do with what Debian
does.