Re: How to get rid of non-free packers?

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 04:01:15PM +0300, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:
> It is not very bad thing if we can't create archives in formats like
> ACE, ARJ, LHA or RAR with free software. But it is more important to

Ideally, amavis needs access for all archive formats so it can check
for viruses in E-Mail...

> ARC:
>
> This is very old archive-format. We only need some way to unpack those
> files. Fortunately, this was just announced at c.o.l.a:
>
> http://rus.members.beeb.net/nomarch.html
>
> It is meant to be free replacement for arc. It is under GNU GPL. It can
> also unpack Spark-files (common under Acorn Archimedes).

This is already in Debian.

> P.S: I don't subscribe to mailing-lists of Debian, so please Cc: your
> replies to me. And I am not Debian developer.

Please set your Mail-Followup-To: header correctly in future, that
way mutt will automatically do the right thing.

I think this is off-topic for debian-legal, but I am not sure.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>