Re: OpenSSL exception for GPLed code?

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 05:43:48PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> I cannot[1] release new Nessus[2] packages because the upstream GPLed code has
> switched to using OpenSSL. Sadly, the parts of Nessus that are LGPL don't
> link to OpenSSL, yet those that are GPL do. :/
>
> So I was wondering, where can I find a suitable license text that would have
> to be added to the Nessus license in order to fully legalize linking to
> OpenSSL? I would forward this to the upstream author for ratification.

I suggest following the model in /usr/share/doc/apt/copyright.  I
particularly recommend preserving the sunset clause (adjusting the date,
of course), so as to hopefully motivate one of the parties to budge on
this issue.  Preferably OpenSSL.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I am sorry, but what you have
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    mistaken for malicious intent is