Re: Bluetooth and Webcam stopped working after upgrading to Bullseye

Alexsander,

Let's go back to the initially provided information ...

> * Alexsander <alexsander_fs@yahoo.com.br> [231001 07:03]:
> > Hi!
> >
> > It seems that Bluetooth adapter and Webcam from my Samsung Series 5
> > ultrabook stopped working after upgrading from Bullseye to Bookworm.
> > It's an old NP530U3B-AD1BR.
> > Bluetooth is a Centrino Advanced-N 6230 and Webcam is a
> > WebCam SC-13HDL11431N.
> >
> > It'd be great if someone could point where I can start searching on
> > how to
> > solve this.

This is just a guess.

Since this is a pretty old chip.

It is still listed here:

 https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwlwifi#supported_devices

but maybe they've thrown out support for this chip in the newer kernel/iwlwifi version.

At least, i can not find it listed in my debian 'trixie' package:

# apt-cache show firmware-iwlwifi
Package: firmware-iwlwifi
Source: firmware-nonfree
Version: 20230210-5
(.... long list ...)

* There should be a 'dmesg' notification from the bluetooth subsystem, if the chip was detected but not supported. Grep for 'bluetooth' or 'iwlwifi'.

* You could try to boot into the old kernel which was active before the upgrade (if that's still installed) and see it it makes a difference.

* You could also try downgrading iwlwifi and firmware-linux and if that works, put these packages on 'hold'.