Re: Debian installation on Macbook Pro 2015

On Thu, Mar 02, 2023 at 10:15:44AM -0300, Yuri Musachio wrote:
> Hey Ragnar!
>
> There is a netinst version to Mac (I think it's for Mac) here: https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release/current/amd64/iso-cd/
> I never tried to install this image, so I don't know if this will work correctly or not. But you can try, and tell to us what happened. :)
>
> Best,
> On Mar 2 2023, at 9:10 am, Ragnar Klar <ragnarklar@richardsteinbrecht.de> wrote:
> > Is it possible to install Debian 11 on a MacBook Pro 2015?
> >
> > Does anyone have experience?
> > Ragnar

The link that is specifically listed for Mac is for a *very old* Mac which
could not understand the format of the .iso normally used so had a specific
netinst built for it.

Current Macbooks should be able to use the normal amd64 image.

You might want to look on the Debian wiki for InstallingDebianOn -
https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Apple suggests that this is
feasible.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater