Re: Debian 11 installation not working

On 2/28/23 09:51, Albert Cornelius wrote:
I have a Thinkpad X240s. When I try to install Debian Bullseye, after installation the screen remains only black. Is there a way to obtain some useful debugging information? I'd really like to get it running.

Hello Albert,

I am running Debian GNU/Linux 11.6 (bullseye) on ThinkPad P1 Gen 3 with GNOME 3.38.5 and Wayland without any problems. But I have enabled the `contrib non-free` repositories of course ( cat /etc/apt/sources.list ).

You can try to login using only the TTY - no graphical interface -.
When your system is up and you see just the black screen, try to press : ctrl-alt-F1 or ctrl-alt-F2 and login with your user. After that enable the `contrib non-free` repositories and update your system. Reboot and check again.

* https://wiki.debian.org/SourcesList
* https://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=112525