Re: Acer Chromebook 15 CB3-532 Debian Testing microphone not working

Alexander van der Leun <alex@vdleun.net> writes:

> Hi Dekks Herton,
>
> On Tue, Nov 09, 2021 at 05:44:08AM +0000, Dekks Herton wrote:
>>
>> 1 - Unless you want to use Debian Sid forget Pipewire, it went through a
>> lot of work in a short period after lauching as default in Fedora just
>> before Bullseye launched and the latest releases will never see
>> Bullseye.
>
> I'm using Bookworm/Testing? Doesn't Testing get the packages from Sid after
> a couple of days?

No idea, just know Pipewire's current dev pattern isn't suited to
Debian's dev model

>> 2 - If Pavucontrol works in Testing does it work in Bullseye?
>
> No idea, I'm not running Bullseye. Pavucontrol is working and I have apt purged
> PulseAudio as suggested in a previous post.

Pavucontrol is seperate from PA meta pkg and can work with Pipewire.

>> 3 - This Chromebook uses an old Intel CPU based on Braswell which Intel recently
>> rewrote the sound driver to use Intel_captpt driver. Is the soundcard
>> using captpt or snd_hda_intel?
>
> The soundcard uses snd_hda_intel. The current kernel 5.14.0-2-amd64 seems not to
> have a module named captpt. Where can I read more about this rewrite? A Google
> search doesn't seem to come up with much.

I only noticed your post as i raised original bug to get the rewitten
modules enabled in Bullseye, see #986822.

But that was for playing sound i never checked the mic.

Regards.....