Re: asus eeepc 1225 half solved

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 17:10:29 +0100
dd <rxsander87@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 06/12/19 04:42, Celejar wrote:
> >> I don't know nothing about benchmarks, I refer only to my experience.
> >> I have no interest in sponsoring Opera Browser, but this is my experience.
> > Understood, thanks. My curiosity is always piqued when I hear of a
> > closed source software application that significantly outperforms the
> > best available open source ones.
>
> I think it depends on the rendering engine.
> Perhaps Opera uses the cpu instead of video rendering, but it's just my
> guess.
> ( this netbook have a slow and bad supported GPU).
> If anyone knows more, say so.

Interesting - I have no experience with this, but Firefox does have an
option to disable the default hardware acceleration, and some sites
recommend this to solve performance problems:

https://lifehacker.com/disable-firefoxs-hardware-acceleration-to-fix-slowness-749344037
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1050822

In my Firefox, the setting is under Preferences, section Performance,
uncheck "Use recommended performance settings", and then you'll find a
(checked by default) checkbox labeled "Use hardware acceleration when
available". You can try unchecking it and see what happens.

Celejar