Re: The following packages have been kept back

* Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org> [181118 14:42]:
Latest Debian 8 (will go to 9 soon) on Acer Aspire E15

    root@debbie:/home/dave# apt-get upgrade
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Calculating upgrade... Done
      firmware-linux-nonfree
      firmware-atheros
    1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

What on earth does that mean?  I have "non-free" listed in sources.list
(which this list told me to do).