Re: ThinkPad T60p X11 driver problems

Bob,

I abandoned my TP60 many years ago but i remember the prorietary fglrx driver for X worked best, in comparison the alternate free X driver was not optimized. However at some point fglrx was no more supported. There might be ways to insert it from some package archive, though. Look for stuff with 'legacy' in its name.
You would need to (create and) insert the driver name ('fglrx') into /etc/X11/xorg.conf manually too.
Usually such tings ends up in hassles though ...

(I had many optimizations there, but then i gave my TP60 away and i think they reinstalled a Windows 7 so i can't look up the configs)