Re: ASUS N752V Debian 9.3 installation

> Viedo always failed for me. It seems debian is using a different firmware
"

"
    InstallingDebianOnAsusN750JV

This page does not exist yet. You can create a new empty page, or use one of the page templates.
"

Believe it!  The problem with Asus is they usually have Nvidia display.  Would you guess that Nvidia is a great stock to own but Nvidia has not made Linus very happy; not good support for Linux.  Consider this :

https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn

where you can browse through the other models that you have always wanted.  Pick one then order one though Amazon.  I just did that tonight, ordered a used laptop that I liked.  Paid perhaps 66% of new price, but I can easily get display to run on Debian.

Good
luck
!

Ciao!
    ///
 //////// |(°)           .  \\\
////////          -   |  :   \\\\
////////          -   |  :   \\\\
 //////// |(°)           '  \\\
   ///

---- rv riveravaldez <riveravaldezmail@gmail.com> wrote:

=============
On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 12:35 PM, Andrej Georgi
<ageorgi@georgi-engineering.de> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> anyone tried to install Debian 9.3 on ASUS N752V?
>
> I tried to install dual boot with windows 10 and failed several times.
> Getting the network running including wifi is doable.
>
> Viedo always failed for me. It seems debian is using a different firmware
> than windows and debian does not get X11 up.
>
> Each time I start Debian, which failes my windows is destroyed.
>
> I appreciate any news on N752.
>

> Regards
>
> Andrej

Have you checked theese?