Re: Issues resuming from hibernation

The monitor being off is for sure what causes the problem.

If I closed the lid at this precise moment, the system would hibernate and
then resume perfectly ok.

However, if I first ran the following command in a terminal to switch off the
screen:

$ sleep 1 && xset dpms force off

and then closed the lid, the system would hibernate, but then would resume and
switch off the screen. As I mentioned in my previous post, there is no way to
switch on the screen. The only thing I can do is reboot the system.

I've done plenty of tests, and this behaviour is always reproducible.