Re: Does not Debian support mobile broadband anymore?

wglxy@china.com writes:

> Hi, everyone,
>
> Since my Debian testing was upgraded on Oct 29, the mobile broadband in my laptop could not be used. The mobile broadband is missing in the network-manager UI, and wvdialconf can not configure the broadband either. The message of wvdialconf is as below,

> Editing `/etc/wvdial.conf'.
>
> Scanning your serial ports for a modem.
>
> ttyS0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 -- failed with 2400 baud, next try: 9600 baud
> ttyS0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 -- failed with 9600 baud, next try: 115200 baud
> ttyS0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 -- and failed too at 115200, giving up.
> Modem Port Scan<*1>: S1   S2   S3
> WvModem<*1>: Cannot get information for serial port.
> ttyUSB0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 -- [01]
> ttyUSB0<*1>: failed with 2400 baud, next try: 9600 baud
> ttyUSB0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 -- [01]
> ttyUSB0<*1>: failed with 9600 baud, next try: 9600 baud
> ttyUSB0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 -- [01]
> ttyUSB0<*1>: and failed too at 115200, giving up.

ttyS0 is not your modem, and ttyUSB0 is either the EM7455 DIAG port or
firmware upgrade port, depending on modem state.  So this result from
wvdialconf is expected.  Don't know the first thin about wvdial...

Please provide some useful info instead:

lsusb -v
  will tell you whether the modem is detected and has booted properly, and
  also which mode it is configured for.

mmcli -L
  will show you a list of modems detected by modemmanger

mmcli -m X, where X is an index from the above list
  will show you more details on the specific modem

Further debug steps depend on the results of these commands.  You might
want to look at the generic ModemManager debug steps:
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ModemManager/Debugging/

Bjørn