Re: Problem with installation Debian 9

Joel is mostly right. I would just like to make the addendum that many wireless cards require non-free firmware blobs, not all of them. Some of them have free drivers. If you want an easy way to find wireless cards which work either with free drivers or without any drivers, check out the FSF's list of "Repects Your Freedom" hardware. For a more direct route, and possibly a more up-to-date list, check out Technoetic's wireless cards: https://tehnoetic.com/adapters

I personally don't mind non-free drivers, but I know some folks do, which is why Debian no longer ships with non-free drivers and it's also the raison d'etre for the FSF's "Repects Your Freedom" list.

Josh