Debian 9.1 Xfce wifi with bcm43142 on HP laptop

Hello, this is a post about installing wifi on a debian 9.1 xfce. It comes as a complement for the  https://wiki.debian.org/wl which is the reference page for this driver.

 I have an HP laptop with a b43142 wifi chipset, (info obtained with "lspci").

(The install has been made on a sd card, so that one does not alter the main hd.)

This bcm43142 is not free, and the driver module is not included in the default debian kernel.

https://packages.debian.org/broadcom-sta-dkms is the link to the module page package. Download the module corresponding to the debian version.

Then dpkg -i nameofthepackage.deb (some other packages like the kernel headers have to be present on the system, see the wiki)

I compiles well. Then as root, remove the conflicting modules (see the wiki), and "modprobe wl",

Check that the module was loaded : lsmod | grep wl

wl                   6443008  0
cfg80211              589824  1 wl

(everything seems Ok)

Enter in a shell "/sbin/iwconfig"  and one should see a "wlo1" interface. (it is not necessary to be logged as root).

If nothing happens, then enter manualy  the name "wlo1" of the interface in the line "wireless network"  of the network manager (Wicd by default for xfce) that was empty.

I hope it can help, Enjoy !