Re: Debian Jessie on Thinkpad X220

Gerard Bekhuis wrote:
> If you also cannot hear any music, it's the problem of the browser firefox
> c.q. iceweasel. Then that is the problem what I have.

The audio is functioning okay.  I can control the volume using
'alsamixer' for example.  And of course in a desktop environment such
as Xfce the X key events are captured and mapped to the mixer.  But
apparently that is done at the X level and not the ACPI level where it
had previously been done.

All of the keys are producing ACPI events.  I think that is the right
solution since then it will work both on the Linux console as well as
in an X session.

Bob