Re: Debian Jessie on Thinkpad X220

Very strange, i have X220 and X230 and all functional working correctly out of the box.(not a mic led of course).

maybe you have a hardware issue? try to update/reset bios?

I am trying to set up Debian Jessie on a Thinkpad X220.  Most things
work fine out of a fresh install.  There are a few things that are not
working however and I am hoping that one of the other folks here have
already solved the problems.

The laptop buttons for audio have no reaction.  Also not the monitor
brightness up and down keys.  They do generate X key events.  I recall
that they should produce acpi events.  The keyboard light key toggles
the light okay.  The sleep suspend to ram works okay.

Also I had to disable the fingerprint reader from the BIOS or the
kernel spewed endless cycles of usb errors.

Has anyone else already fought through these battles?

Bob