Re: Installing Debian on NVMe Dirive with killer E2400 ethernet next to Impossible!!!!

Ok I finally got it to work, here is the procedure, I hope it helps someone:

Step 1 start the installation with the Debian DVD and go through it unitl it sais Grub failed

Step 2 in a separate USB memory and with a working debian system do:

sudo apt-get -t jessie-backports download grub-efi-amd64
sudo apt-get -t jessie-backports download grub2-common
sudo apt-get -t jessie-backports download grub-efi-amd64-bin
sudo apt-get -t jessie-backports download efibootmngr
sudo apt-get -t jessie-backports download libefvar0

sudo apt-get -t jessie-backports download linux-base
sudo apt-get -t jessie-backports download Initramfs-tools
sudo apt-get -t jessie-backports download linux-image-4XXXXXXX (i dont remember
just pick your 4.x image)

Step3 on the system that you are installing go into a terminal

cd /target
mount --rbind /sys sys/
mount --rbind /dev dev/
mount --rbind /run run/
chroot . /bin/bash

Step 4 insert your usb and do cd /var/ ls and figure out its name usually /dev/sdb1

Step 5 mount your usb with the packages
mkdir ./cosas
mount /dev/sdb1 ./cosas
cd cosas

Step 6 start installing the linux kernel packages, then the grub starting in this order
linux-base
initramfs-tools
linux-imagexxxxx
libefvar0