Re: Swap

I have 120GB HDD with 3.8GB swap at the moment. I have monitored the swap usage for sometime, running frequently used applications and then hibernate. It uses around 175MB even after hibernation. My new SSD is 120GB and I'm having 4GB RAM now. So as per the discussion with you, I'm planning to have a swap space of 5 - 6 GB (considering the worst case). I have the following questions:

1. Will the use of swap file instead of a swap partition affect performance ? I feel that if it was a swap file, I can change the size of it anytime I want and it is easier.
2. Allocating swap in an SSD is a bad idea ? Some people says it affects the life of the SSD. Please see the following urls.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/652337/why-no-swap-partitions-on-ssd-drives
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/optimize-linux-ssds/

Please suggest.

Thanks.