Re: Swap

I think that 4GB of RAM is not that big nowadays so the "RAM size x 2" still holds. If you go over 8GB then it might be an overkill. It depends though what kind of stuff you 're gonna use the system for. If you want to run many applications that will require in general much more than "total RAM + swap space" size then you might want to increase swap space (given you can't increase the RAM).

Cheers,
Babis