Re: MacBook boot.

I think you'll need a jessie 64bit, that contains uefi bootable, i don't think that a squeeze supports that (even a wheezy, i think). For any persistent installation you'll need refit bootmanager (tested with triple boot).
For a fixed "only linux" boot, if you just want to use debian instead of osx, you'll have to "bless" the partition (my actual configuration) with osx dvd repair console, otherwise mac hardware wait 1 minute (white screen) searching for an osx partition...

bye
stefano