Re: Debian Wheezy on Dell 7535

On 03/29/2015 05:42 PM, Gajadur Dwijesh wrote:
Hello friends.. i want to thank you for your help..some of my problems
have been solved but some still persists.
The Wifi and Screen brightness control problem have been by installing
backport kernel and firmware.

However I still have sound problem..
I have found 2 devices on alsamixer namely:

0 [HDMI  ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel HDMI  HDA Intel HDMI at 0xe3610000 irq 64
1 [PCH ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH  HDA Intel PCH at 0xe3614000 irq 62

Alsamixer is selecting the HDMI device by default..Can you tell me how
to change default sound device.

$ cat /etc/init.d/alsa-utils | less

and read the instructions in "description:" section in the INIT INFO header of this config file.

And i am also facing another problem now after installing the new
kernel..when I click on Shutdown, my laptop restarts instead of shutting
down..

Hmmm ... :-/
I'm a newbie! I dunno !!! :-(

With kind regards,