Re: Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 (rev bb) and ilwifi on debian jessie

On Wed, 2015-01-21 at 12:25 +0100, maiky.lambooij@runbox.no wrote:

> I'd like to use only FOSS so if I need proprietary driver, I'll change
> my wireless card.

You may find this useful, then:

https://www.debian.org/News/2014/20140908

There are very simple ways to quickly check whether your system can run
free software only, just use a live distribution which is free:

http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

or debian with the main repository active and nothing else (no contrib,
no non-free).

In this way, by simply booting from cd or usb and not even touching your
laptop, you can find out which bit of your hardware will require
proprietary software/firmware to run.

There is a hardware database, you may want to contribute your bit to it,
to the benefit of everybody else:

https://www.h-node.org/

Free hardware is a much more serious problem than free software. The
join project between fsf and debian is really welcome, and will help
people to learn about their hardware and the meaning of "free", as a
side effect.

Loredana