Re: Problem with Intel HD graphics

Shanavas M, could you please find you graphics card in ark.intel.com and send its link to us?

Googling on PCI-id may help too.
It seems that there are some problems with your graphics card - see:
  1. http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=118917
  2. https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/115459/valley-view-black-screen-of-death
  3. https://01.org/linuxgraphics/search/node/Intel%20valleyview%20gen7

Installing kernel and drivers from backports is a good idea.