 Subject: Re: Compaq nx9010?
 To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
 Date: Tuesday, May 20, 2014, 1:16 PM

 On Mon, 19 May 2014
 08:57:45 -0700 (PDT)
 Hannu Virtanen <hannu_markus_virtanen@yahoo.com>
 wrote:

 > Has anyone
 installed Debian 'wheezy' on Compaq nx9010?

 > I had there Debian
 'squeeze' and as far as I remember I managed to
 > get it working reasonably well.
 >
 > Now I took the
 laptop on my desk and updated into 'wheezy'.

 > I'm having quite
 much problems with the screendriver, which is some
 > kind of Radeon. Does anyone know which
 driver it needs and how to
 > install
 it?

 What kind of screen problems? Are you using the
 proprietary AMD drivers
 or the opensource
 video drivers?

 'lspci |
 grep VGA' should give the actual video card.
 I would suggest some dpkg -l | grep ??? but
 I'm not sure what to search
 for exactly
 to get something useful.

 > with