Re: Failed to boot on ACER Travelmate P253

Le 25/03/2014 05:43, Pierre Couderc a écrit :
> I have made a standard installation but it does not boot.
> I suppose it is a UEFI problem as I have seen (furtibely) that it has
> installed some grub-uefi package.
> I am sure that the system is installed but it is a boot problem.
> I have tried the 2  boot options UEFI or legacy Boot.
> Thank you in advance for help.
> PC

Hello,

If grub-efi is installed, the "legacy boot" EFI option will not help.
Try to change the boot order by pressing a fonction key at boot (F9 for
my HP Pavilion dm1), then chose "boot from EFI file" and boot from
/boot/efi/EFI/debian/grubx64.efi.

Once you are in Debian, copy /boot/efi/EFI/debian/grubx64.efi to
/boot/efi/EFI/Boot/bootx64.efi. Some Grub versions do not do this properly.

If Microsoft Windows is installed and Grub menu never appears, you also
might have to rename /boot/efi/EFI/Microsoft to something else (for
example /boot/efi/EFI/Microsoft_bak) in order to avoid that efi files
other than Microsoft ones are discarded.

tinkering with efibootmgr has been useless in my case.