Re: problems with drivers and energy star ASUS N550JV

On Oct 11, 2013 at 03:44, jhonatanospina@hushmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have problems with drivers for asus n550jv in debian wheezy 64 bit,
> debian installs normally but can not find some drivers as touchpad and
> illuminated keyboard, the battery of my asus n550jv down very fast
> with debian or some version of linux.
>
> Help me!
> I could do?
> asus n550jv comes default with windows 8 64 bit.
>
> Sincerely,
> Jhonatan Ospina
> student

I see that it's your second email about your laptop.  I'm not much of a help
here, sorry.  But what I've learnt from similar experience is that your
should carefully check for hardware on laptop/desktop you're about to buy, so
you be able to run it on GNU/Linux.  Of course if you're intend to use it.

I've given a hit for your problem on the search engine, and it seems like
there might be difficulties with drivers on GNU/Linux.

Also, I don't see the reason to use wheezy on laptop.  I'd use jessie.

-Ivan