Dual Boot Debian and Windows 8 on Asus Vivobook S400CA

Hello out there,
I have an Asus Vivobook S400CA with an Intel Core i5 3317U processor.  It has Windows 8 preinstalled.  I've been contemplating installing Debian (latest stable edition) alongside.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Any issues I need to be aware?  What kind of experience have you had?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  I hope I don't have to reinstall Win 8 to accomplish this.  It could get too messy.

Thanks.

Lou

--
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
- Mahatma Gandhi