Re: Touchscreen Ultrabooks running Debian?

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 09:23:06AM +0200, Paul Wise wrote:

> On Sat, 2013-09-21 at 00:19 -0700, Josef Bailey wrote:
>
> > I have that version of wheezy-backports in my sources.list and i couldn't find the kernel / Very strange
>
> I guess you didn't notice the package names on the link I sent. In
> Debian the Linux kernel images are called linux-image, not kernel-image,
> since we have multiple kernels in Debian (Linux, FreeBSD, Hurd):
>
> apt-get install -t wheezy-backports linux-image-amd64

I thought Josef had an Ideabook Yoga 13, which uses the Core i5 and i7
series CPUs from Intel. Why use the AMD64 kernel?
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!