Re: it is avahi? Re: network

I have been reading recommended texts how to do network setup.

1)

Chapter 5. Network setup has got one notice telling something about 'wheezy'.

Maybe the problem has something to do with my upgrade to the latest stable:

It says:

----

Tip

Although this document still uses old ifconfig(8) with IPv4 for its network configuration examples, Debian is moving to ip(8) with IPv4+IPv6 in the wheezy release. Patches to update this document are welcomed.

----

2)

I tried to do some fixing and  etc/hosts looks now like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.1.1 gone.thusgone

::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

---

4)

But still avahi is telling the same message about the network configuration being .local, which is not the recommended way. Where is that .local setup existing?

5)

Does anybody know if the problem has really most to do with my laptop configuration or with my new ZyXEL modem?

-hv