Re: Using an AX88772-based USB Ethernet device

Hi,

sirquijote@lavabit.com wrote:
On 03/21/2013 05:32 PM, sirquijote@lavabit.com wrote:

When I researched this purchase I thought I read that AX88772-based
ethernet devices were supported by Debian, but when I attach the device
my laptop nothing shows up in lsusb, nor does any auto-configuration
seem
to take place.

if its not shown in LSUSB, then look at dmesg, what the kernel returns

Sorry, it turns out the issue was that I'd disabled my USB ports in the
BIOS.  Man I hate it when I miss something simple like that…
Ok, it shows up in lsusb now as follows:
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0b95:7720 ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88772
It doesn't show up in ifconfig though.  I just see my built-in Gb NIC
(eth0) and the loopback.  What step am I missing now?

on a terminal, enter "dmesg" it will show you the kernel output, and the output will tell whats going on.

maybe some firmware is missing?

--
Florian Reitmeir
E-Mail: florian@reitmeir.org