Re: Toshiba satellite L750-170 locking up

Dnia 2013-02-14, czw o godzinie 09:22 +0000, Chris Evans pisze:
> What happens is that the machine is running fine and then locks
> completely.  It's happened three times now in the last 24 hours, once
> when I was at the machine, twice when I wasn't.  The screen stays on
> and on the first occasion I could still move the mouse but clicking
> did nothing nor did typing anything, on the other two occasions the
> the screen was black but that could have been after the timeout had
> blacked it out and again no keyboard movements did anything.  I've
> given my android 'phone an ssh client and can confirm that on these
> last two occasions I can't ssh in from outside either: the machine has
> dropped the network.
First thing, may be dull but I need to get it off my chest: is it not
overheating?

Second, back from the days of funny BIOSes and incorrectly behaving
hardware I remember having to run kernel with a combination of noapic,
nolapic, lapic, biosirq, acpi=off and others.  Give them a try.

Quick look at modern kernels tells that there's now a lot more of other
options available...

Best regards,
--
Jakub