Re: Installing Debian (currently squeeze) on Toshiba Satellite L750-170

Good point.

At the moment uname -a gives me:

 3.2.0-0.bpo.4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.35-2~bpo60+1 i686 GNU/Linux

I'm not sure why I chose that (!) and I confess I may not have completely solved the suspending problem.  However, the machine no longer locks up after I shut the lid which is progress. I'll go on checking that.

Are there things I can usefully do to put more information about the machine into places where it will be useful to people wanting to install Debian (or perhaps related distros)?