Re: Installing Debian (currently squeeze) on Toshiba Satellite L750-170

http://live.debian.net/cdimage/release/next+nonfree/

and I agree you need urgently install manually package "firmware-linux-nonfree". But it should be in the sources I have  written above.

Most convenient way is to copy ISO of CD on USB stick and boot from USB. There are some easy tools to do that like this:
https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/

> Install debian - wheezy. It is nearly stable. You have quite new
> hardware in your notebook.

Yes, I wondered if that was the way to go.  Am I right in thinking that there's a wheezy live install option?  I'm sure that if there is, that should be a good next step.