Re: Installing Debian (currently squeeze) on Toshiba Satellite L750-170

Chris Evans wrote:
> I hope this is the right list for what will probably be a series of questions.

It is.  And although I may not be able to help I will start off by
asking some clarifying questions.

> I've now installed Squeeze on the Toshiba and can't get hiher
> resolution that 1024*768
> 2) Specific 1: does anyone have any advice about how to get better
> graphics resolution?

What graphics hardware are in your machine?

  $ lspci | grep VGA

What driver is X currently using?  This can be found by inspecing the
Xorg log file.

  $ less /var/log/Xorg.0.log

I am guessing that your system has fallen back to using the generic
vesa driver.

Depending upon your hardware installing firmware-linux-nonfree will
provide binary blobs that may improve the functioning of your system.

  # apt-get install firmware-linux-nonfree

Sorry but I don't have any help for the suspend problems.  Does
hibernate to disk work better than suspend to ram?

Bob