Re: dhclient problem with BMC4312

В сообщении от Thursday 10 of May 2012 04:48:10 Deryk написал:
I think your firmware suggestion is probably the right one. I've owned a
succession of laptops/netbooks all with some variant of the broadcom
43xx chipset.

There are two versions of the firmware. The simplest way to achieve
liftoff is to connect to the internet via a wire just one time and
install the firmware-b43-installer the package, which downloads the
firmware and installs it. (If it is, as the log entry would suggest, a
"lp-phy" version of the chipset, it will tell you to install
firmware-b43-lp-phy-installer - I think that's the name, which does the
trick for that chipset).

After which rmmod b43 followed by modprobe b43 will reload the kernel
module which will load the firmware and everything should be OK.

Worked a treat for me a couple of weeks ago on my HP netbook, which is
running the Mint Debian Edition.

Well, I was not able to make b43 run on 2.6.32. Only 2.6.33 and later.

Have you tried this STA driver?

http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php

I use it with 2.6.32 kernel without any problem.

Regards,
Cappa.