Re: problem with touchpad after upgrade

ael <law_ence.dev@ntlworld.com> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 08:51:34AM -0400, David Zelinsky wrote:
>> I recently did an extensive dist-upgrade in testing, and now my
>> synaptics touchpad is not registering two-finger scrolling or edge
>> scrolling reliably.
[snip]

> This is a bug which has been outstanding for a long time in debian :-(
> See
> 665004@bugs.debian.org
[snip]

Thanks ael and Andrian, this is definitely the bug I'm seeing.  I
followed the suggestion of setting {Vert,Horiz}ScrollDelta=5 and
{Vert,Horiz}Hysteresis=0, and that does make it useable, though as noted
in the bug report, it's not as smooth as it should be.  I may try
downgrading the xorg-xserver-input-synaptics package, which is supposed
to fix the problem.

-David