Re: Laptop Not Resuming From Hibernation

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 6:23 AM,  <keitho@strucktower.com> wrote:
> Colin-
>
> All laptops are different, but my T520 resume from hibernation problems
> were solved by going to a 3.0+ kernel. Do a uname -r to see which kernel
> you are using.
>
> Keith
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I recently installed Debian 6.0.3 (squeeze) on my Acer Aspire 5735 laptop
>> and
>> I'm having problems resuming after hibernation.
>>
>> Hibernation seems to succeed; the computer takes some time and shuts
>> off. Then, when I press the power to resume, the power turns on and
>> the hard drive light is active - but then it stops and turns off.
>>
>> If I remove my laptop from AC (and remove the battery), and then go
>> back on AC, it will start up (but not in the same state prior to
>> hibernation).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Colin

Hi Keith,

My kernel is 2.6.32-5-amd64.

I'll also add that I have sufficient swap to back up the contents of
memory into swap. Free output:

Mem:       3991332     633856    3357476          0      13096     263720
-/+ buffers/cache:     357040    3634292
Swap:      7793656          0    7793656

Thanks for the help!

-Colin