Re: Does anyone have USB sound working for headphones?

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Bill.M <bill3@uniserve.com> wrote:
> On 09/09/11 02:59 PM, Jérôme wrote:
>>
>> ...or use pulseaudio. Pulseaudio is the devil, but allows to choose
>> output easily.
>
> Pulseaudio looks interesting, but it's still in the fermentation stage.
> This is a production machine and I'm running squeeze rather than wheezy or
> sid. I rely on it every day and can't afford to have things screwed up.
> Perhaps it will be stable next year. But thanks for the suggestion.

I've been pretty happy with PA since starting to use it. Squeeze was
released in February and I have been using pulse for much longer than
that.

I would say that what is in stable is good:

     0.9.21-3+squeeze1 500
        500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable/main amd64 Packages

-mz