Re: Lenovo T520i X11 Intel i810 "static display" issue- SOLVED

Am Mittwoch, 31. August 2011 schrieben Sie:
> I wanted to get back to you and tell you that I was finally able to
> install a 3.0 kernel (Wheezy- not Sid) and you are correct- now my
> Thinkpad T520 will resume from sleep properly. Thanks so much!
>
> For some background for others: I had been using Squeeze (kernel
> 2.6.32-5) and my T520 would not resume from sleep properly. Looking
> around on the web I saw that a number of other people were having this
> problem.
>
> I first tried to compile my own 3.0 kernel within Squeeze- but alas,
> choosing the proper kernel compile options for this beginner proved to
> be too difficult.
[...]
> Now my T520 does resume from sleep properly.

So there you are after quite an odyssey ;). Often its easier to just use
the standard package. I used to compile my own kernels for my older
ThinkPads, but on the T520 the packaged 3.0 works so great, that I didn´t
feel like compiling my own one, although it should compile pretty fast on
that T520 with Intel SSD 320.

A good starting point for an own kernel is the config from the debian one
and the package kernel-package. But that for sure it out of the scope of
debian-laptop. Maybe sometime I subscribe to debian-user, but for now I am
just on debian-user-german.