Re: alsamixer in squeeze

-------------------------------------8<------------------------------------
Seeing this result I decided to upgrade from lenny (xfce4) to squeeze on my
laptop (acer aspire 5102 wlmi) I installed linux-image-2.6.32-5-686

On the laptop "alsamixer" doesn't give the option CD
and "cdcd" works but no sound lspci gives :
00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB4x0 High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)

I sovded the problem :
I have edited the file /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf and I added at the
bottom of this file:
options snd-hda-intel model=acer

this link gave me the trick : http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/audio_intel_hda
It's in French but just look the arrays to get the useful informations.

htho