Re: Thinkapd 410s: WiFi and screen on lid close

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:41:31 -0800
"Dr. Ed Morbius" <dredmorbius@gmail.com> wrote:

> Two issues with a Thinkpad 410s running testing/unstable.
>
> Custom-compiled 2.6.34 kernel (to fix issues with Thinkpad
> volume/brightness controls):
>
> 	Linux altaira 2.6.34-custom-1- #1 SMP Thu Oct 21 18:30:43 PDT
> 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>

> 1: Wifi's stopped working.  Yes, it did initially.
>
> Sometime early in November.  Simply haven't had the time to look into
> it.
>
> I did try installing rfkill to reset the wireless card, but no dice

I doubt I'm can be of any real help here as I have a T61, but I noticed
this filling my logs today and when I saw rfkill above it made me
remember. Perhaps it might add to your issue? Everything seems to be
working here.

[91991.628932] thinkpad_acpi: WARNING: sysfs attribute bluetooth_enable is deprecated and will be removed. Please switch to generic rfkill before year 2010

This is from Squeeze.