ThinkPad T520: uefi/gpt based debian install

Hi!

I am about to receive a ThinkPad T520 with Intel SSD 320 real soon
hopefully.

I wondered whether it might make sense to install with UEFI and GPT.
Informations from Arch Wiki hint at that for better alignment and less
space waste for SSD:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SSD#Using_GPT_-_RECOMMENDED_METHOD

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface

Did anyone here try this with any laptop with uefi BIOS? Did it work? Were
there problems? I have seen some Debian bug reports that were closed.

As far as I understand, I it should work when I Debian installer to select
UEFI/GPT somehow and then add an about 1 MiB sized 0xEF02 Bios Boot
Partition as GPT doesn't guerantee free space aber (legagy) MBR.

I intend to use BTRFS. I hope that it will align automatically, but I am
not sure about this. I will use debian unstable, possible even some parts
from experimental with kernel 2.6.38 or better 2.6.39 for best Sandybridge
graphics support.

If interested I report back what I find when I do the Linux installation.

Ciao,