Re: External screen

Hello!

My old laptop is the same as yours, running debian testing/sid with an ATI card and the radeon drivers. I always have a 17" LCD plugged as external monitor (and yes, sometimes I plug it WHILE the computer is running) without any problems. Which video card is in your laptop? I have to say that the one I've received from my employeer is running intel and this behavior that you describe happens also to me when I plug an external monitor.