Re: External screen

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:
Dne, 31. 03. 2011 16:17:57 je Johann Spies napisal(a):

I have a Dell Latitute E6410 and have a mixture of Testing and Sid on it.
Recently I got an external Dell flatscreen.

It happened several times now that when I connect the screen to my computer
while it is running, it freezes and I have to push the power button two
switch if off.

You actually connect the screen *while* the computer is running?
Unmless some modern Plug'n'Pray has been invented while I've been sleeping, the last I remember, by doing that you could fry your monitor, or your computer, or both.
I guess that's still valid -- for the VGA port/connector at least?

<snip>

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud                             http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com
Certifiable Loonix User #481801      Please reply to the list, not to me.