Re: Fwd: Hibernate works, but resume reboots midway

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 04:47:54PM +0400, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
> Helo,
>
> This is something I had posted to the debian-users list but didn't get
> much response to. Posting it coz I figure laptop users are more likely
> to fiddle around with hibernation.
>
> The gist of the problem is that I have a fresh installation of Squeeze
> on my Lenovo S10-3 netbook. It hibernates fine (I can see that from the
> logs) but upon resuming the system tries to do something and then just
> reboots some 15-20 seconds into the process. However, of the dozen or so
> times I've tried this so far, one one occasion it did successfully
> resume.

this might not be helpful, but i'm seeing exactly the same behaviour on
my MSI Wind U-100. occasionaly resume from hibernate works, but
generally it doesn't (no matter if hibernated through
gnome-power-manager or pm-hibernate). resume from suspend works fine.

  --Jan